1. Who can apply?
We’re looking for technology-focused startups (India or globally based) with an MVP along with a growing customer base currently innovating in any of the following sectors- Smart City, Clean Energy, Agritech, Life Sciences, Edutech
2. Can I apply if I am not in India?
Yes, but the program requires on-site interventions in Mumbai spread out over 3 weeks during the cohort period. So, you will need to be able to travel as necessary. Your startup should also have paying customers.
3. Can I apply if I'm already funded by any other organization?
Yes, all startups with an MVP along with a growing customer base are encouraged to apply. YES SCALE Accelerator program provides an opportunity for startups to scale-up with speed in different aspects such as Strategy, Business Plan, Design, Operations, Marketing, Technology and Sales.
4. Does my startup need to have a website to apply?
No. However, it does help in the evaluation of your company
5. Do I need to submit a business plan?
No. Just fill in the fields in the Application Form
6. How does the Application process work?
a) Startups can fill in the Application Form online where you can let us know about your team, product and the market currently operating in. All the questions are targeted towards understanding your startup in totality
b) Shortlisted startups will be invited for in-person presentations in Mumbai
c) Post this, final selection of startups for the cohort is announced
7. What is the overall program timeline?
Please visit our Key Dates section to know more details on the timelines
8. When can I expect a response after filling the application?
Should you be shortlisted, we will reach out to you. Please visit our Program Timelines for important dates
9. What is the evaluation criteria to compare my startup vis-a-vis others?
YES SCALE Accelerator program is looking for startups that possess –
a) Innovative product/technology solution in any of these sectors- Smart Cities, Clean Energy, Agritech, Life Sciences, Edutech
b) A Scalable product with a sustainable design/architecture
c) Long-term viability of the product
d) Team’s technical & business expertise
e) Passionate team: Background of Founders & their vision for the startup
10. Can I apply to more than 1 accelerator?
If you think your solution is sector agnostic, you can apply to more than 1 accelerator program.
11. Can I apply to two sectors with one solution?
Basis Problem Statements identified on the website, if you solutions fits more than one sector, please fill separate application forms as highlighted on respective sectoral pages. YES SCALE team will ensure your solutions to be evaluated accordingly.
1. Why did YES BANK launch YES SCALE Accelerator?
Building on its model of collaborative innovations with startups and technology leaders in YES FINTECH, YES BANK has launched YES SCALE – a platform accelerator to scale innovations through technology, mentorship, funding and commercialization support for startups in key impact sectors of the economy – Smart City, Clean and earth tech, Agri tech , Life sciences and Healthcare, education.
The YES SCALE platform comprises of 5 distinct focused accelerator programs – YES Agritech, Smart City tech, Clean tech, Life Sciences Tech and Edu tech – which will bring together industry leaders, experts, corporates, Govt bodies, investors and global ecosystems to provide technology startups the bridge from idea to implementation.
2. What is the USP of YES SCALE Accelerator?
YES SCALE combines YES BANK’s deep expertise in the key sections of the economy with technology knowledge to achieve the dual objective of creating a startup growth ecosystem and providing industry partners solutions to accelerate their digitization initiatives.
3. What is the duration and structure of YES SCALE?
YES SCALE Accelerator program will be launched on June 7, 2018 and the cohort is expected to run for 15 weeks. The Accelerator is a non-residential program with 3 onsite intervention weeks in Mumbai. During these onsite sessions, you’ll be surrounded by like-minded entrepreneurs, and will be frequented by industry partners, mentors, investors, YES BANK’s senior management and technical experts. This will give you an excellent opportunity to build strong working relationships, learn from others’ experiences and share your own.
4. Is there an equity component or cash grant involved?
No equity or cash grant is involved for you to participate in the Accelerator program. Should your business require equity funding, YES BANK will facilitate the same through a grant of upto 20 lakhs*.
5. What are the unique aspects of YES SCALE program?
- Test and Validate- Validate your solutions in a Sandbox environment – accessing 200+ YES BANK APIs & partner APIs
- Tech support- Technology support worth USD 1 mn + in cloud credits, cloud telephony, SaaS billing, legal counsel
- Grant- Access to grant of upto INR 20 lakhs with zero equity commitment
- Commercialization- Commercialize your solutions in just 15 weeks through Industry partners
- Funding- Support of upto USD 1 mn per startup* from Funding partners
- Focused mentorship- Mentorship by 100+ sectoral experts and ecosystem partners
- Global market access- Access to 20+ geographies through ecosystem partners
- Policy guidance- Guidance on regulations and policies through Strategic Government Partners
6. Is YES SCALE one Accelerator?
YES SCALE consist of Five different accelerators including YES SCALE | Smart City, YES SCALE | Cleantech , YES SCALE| Agritech, |YES SCALE|Lifesciences Tech | YES SCALE|Edutech. The Cohorts for above will run individually. Please check respective Sector Page to learn about Timelines
1. Do startups need to sign any contract with YES BANK?
Startups selected for the cohort will enter into a mutually agreed contract with YES BANK.
2. Do I need to share IP?
We suggest you only share non-confidential information. You will retain ownership of all protected IP included in your application. We want to evaluate how your idea will mutually benefit our interests.