YES FINTECH ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
“YES Fintech Accelerator Program” (“Program”) is a niche fintech focused business accelerator program designed by YES Bank Limited in collaboration with LetsTalkPayments to foster the fintech A.R.T led innovation in the financial sector. It is a hands-on program designed for new Fintech startups that create solutions for enterprise customers inside the financial industry. The Program boasts of providing a bespoke platform for the Fintech startups to interact with YES Bank Limited, (“Bank”) the fifth largest bank in the country, with the sole intention of creating innovative solutions for the financial services industry in the country.
The Program provides a propitious opportunity for the Fintech startups to partner with the Bank, with an aim to develop an ecosystem that fosters innovation in the financial sector. The Program is noteworthy, given the fact that it is established with a clear focus for building or customizing technology solution relevant to use-cases identified within the banking sector, without any untoward restrictions upon the entrepreneurs or their startups in the form of upfront equity commitments.
The Program invites creative entrepreneurs/ innovative Fintech startups which intend to foray in the following domains within the banking sector in the country:
|Digital Payments||Smart Decisioning|
|Real time data analytics||Digital Banking|
|Cybersecurity||WealthTech and InvesTech|
|Big Data and Analytics|
As an accelerator, YES FINTECH intends to select niche start-ups from across the globe to:
Support and nurture disruptive solutions in financial services delivery
Enabling scale and deploying innovative technologies within a collaborative framework;
Integrating such technologies into the Bank’s ecosystem by providing:
- Digital Infrastructure support (API Banking, BIN Sponsorship, etc.)
- Access to Funding (through the Bank/ its network of Investors, across PE/ VCs)
- Advisory on Go-To-Market strategies and market penetration
- Mentorship by internal & external industry experts (across product/ tech platform, business plan, revenues, funding, customer acquisition, administration & compliance)
- Co- Working Space in their key cities across India, via a partner network
WHY “YES FINTECH” MIGHT BE AN ENTICING OPTION FOR FINTECH STARTUPS?
From a startup’s perspective there are several reasons why YES FINTECH Accelerator Program might be an enticing option:
- It offers access to experienced mentors and industry thought leaders.
- It provides opportunities to connect with potential customers and investors.
- The cohort structure encourages peer learning and support.
- The intensity of the program gives startups the chance to accelerate their go-to-market and commercialize their product/ solution.
- It provides hands–on experience and a practical alternative to entrepreneurial education.
- It may provide (or been seen to provide) validation of the startup’s idea/ concept/ solution
YES Fintech Accelerator Program is designed as an intensive 15 weeks dual mode (virtual/ onsite) program which will provide fintech startups with bespoke platform to work, interact and be mentored by the Bank’s Top Management team along with renowned industry experts, who have proven track record in the financial and technology sectors. The Program shall provide deep insights on the Growth Impact Structure, Speed Scale Diagnostics, Funding and Access to a Global network of Investors (PE/VCs), apart from a plethora of other topics handled by our partner organizations.
The Program is carefully designed for selected fintech startups, who shall get the opportunity to intensively collaborate with mentors, partners, and investors with the objective of building world class Fintech companies and foster a paradigm shift in the banking industry.
- The program will invite applications from innovative Fintech Start-ups from across the globe and is scheduled to launch on September 11, 2017.
- The window for applications will remain open till October 7, 2017; post which, a three leg selection process will be undertaken to select 8-12 Start-ups from the applicants
- The cohort will start from November 13, 2017 and is designed to be a dual-mode 15 week program with three weeks of onsite interventions in Mumbai.
- During the rest of cohort weeks, the start-ups will work closely with identified mentors and continue to focus on curated interventions for scaling their business every day
[ For more information, please refer to the website: www.yesfintech.com ]
YES FINTECH ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
MOST IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
YES Fintech Accelerator Program” (“Program”) is a niche fintech focused business accelerator program designed by YES Bank Limited in collaboration with LetsTalkPayments and their associated strategic partner (collectively referred as “YESFintech”). YES Fintech is responsible for the “YESFINTECH Accelerator Program” designed to unearth, grow and scale-up new Fintech startups with the unclouded objective of creating technological solutions within the financial industry. Participation by you, your organization and other team members (“Applicant(s)”or “you”) in the Program is subject to the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out in this document. [For the purposes of this document all reference to the Applicant(s) in masculine gender shall be deemed to include the feminine gender and the other gender]
These Terms and Conditions forms a binding contract between the Applicant(s) and YES Fintech and shall be in addition to and not in derogation of other terms and conditions, as may be specified by the Bank, from time to time
By using the YES FINTECH Accelerator Program website: www.yesfintech.com, and applying to the Program, you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If the Applicant(s) is applying on behalf of an organization, the Applicant(s) confirm that he is duly authorized to apply for the Program and to accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf
The Applicant(s) have read, understood and confirm the following:
- The Applicant(s) shall be responsible for the online application along with its contents and the application shall be at its own risk and expenses;
- Mere submission of the application or review of the application by YES Fintech does not constitute acceptance of the application or create any contractual relationship between the Applicant(s) and YES Fintech;
- YES Fintech reserves the sole right to accept or reject any Application without any obligation to provide any reasons for rejection.
- YES Fintech reserves the sole right after initial acceptance or prior to commencement of the Program.
- The Applicant(s) are not prevented from applying or entering into any similar arrangement with any third parties as a result of submitting your Application to YES Fintech
(B) Eligibility Criterion:
To be eligible for the Program, the Applicant(s) must fulfill the following criterions:
- Digital based concept: The Applicant’s application should be based on a technology/ digital business concept. Any application which does not have a digital business objective will be summarily disqualified from the selection process, without any possibility of appeal or reconsideration.
- Fit and Proper: The Applicant(s) must display strong commitment levels along with problem-solving abilities. The Applicant(s) must be self-motivated to build a Technology product, sell it to the customers and run the overall business. The Applicant(s) must be able to dedicate full time for the Program.
- Active participation: The Applicant(s) must be fully committed to participating in all phases of the Program including prerequisite coursework, group sessions, mentoring sessions, pitch practice, scheduled events and other events organized by YES Fintech.
- Vintage of the startup: The Applicant(s) or the startups being represented by the Applicant(s) must have been incorporated for a duration of at least three (03) months at the date of the application.
- Innovation: The Applicant(s) should be engaged in the business of digital technology, including but not limited to software, hardware and robotics. As the Program is focused on innovation, Applicant(s) engaged in e-commerce sites, single use mobile apps or solution are requested to refrain from applying.
- Collaboration: YES Fintech proposes to select around 8-12 startups for the Program and the cohort will become a valuable team in their own rights. Hence, it is critical that the Applicant(s) can operate in identified teams and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Legal eligibility: The Applicant(s) must be at least 18 yrs of age at the date of the application. The Applicant(s) must not be convicted of a crime or moral turpitude prior to the date of the application.
- 1) Right to Work: The Applicant(s) or the organization being represented by the Applicant(s) must have obtained all requisite approvals, authorizations or permissions, including but not limited to visa, employment passes etc. to stay and work in India, prior to the date of application. YES Fintech will always endeavor to extend the invitation letter dates to facilitate the entry or stay of selected Applicant(s) at the Program location. However, YES Fintech will not be able to assist or support the Applicant(s) with any immigration or work related matters.
(C) Collection & Use of your Information
- The Applicant(s) consent to YES Fintech collecting, using and disclosing the Applicant’s personal information in relation to or regarding the Program, including but not limited to collecting the Applicant(s) name, age, email, phone number, state, employer and occupation (as applicable). If the Applicant(s) provide personal information on behalf of another person, the Applicant(s) confirm that you have received their informed consent prior to providing it to us
(D) Selection Process
- Once you have submitted your application to YES Fintech, we will review the initiative’s suitability for the Program, based on our selection criteria and you will be advised as to whether your application is selected. The selection process will be determined at the sole discretion of YES Fintech. The Applicant(s) acknowledge and agree that due to our professional and ethical obligations, including maintaining independence, it is at our complete discretion, whether you or your organization or the initiative, may be accepted into the Program. Upon selection, the Applicant(s) will be required to execute a separate agreement with YES Fintech, as such terms and conditions as mutually agreeable by and between the partiesYES Fintech reserves the right to hire external mentors and advisors for the selection process
(E) Participation in the Program
Acceptance into the Program is pursuant to you and your organization confirming, to the best of your knowledge, you will be able to attend all events associated with the Program. As a participant in the Program, all Applicant(s) must comply with the following:
- Comply with all the Terms and Conditions mentioned herein;
- Comply with all applicable laws, guidelines, rules and regulations, from time to time;
- Shall not utilize, in full or in part, any material that is illegal or infringes any third party intellectual property rights, confidentiality or any other relevant rights. You agree not to use any material that is considered defamatory, libellous, abusive, offensive or misleading or contrary to law or public policy.
- Shall not impersonate another person, entity or otherwise misrepresent you identity, qualifications, affiliations or other information about you or the Program;
- Shall not engage any conduct that is unlawful, disruptive, causes or may cause distress or discomfort to another or is otherwise inappropriate; or
- Do anything, including uploading, posting, linking to or otherwise publishing or transmitting any material that could damage the reputation or brand of YES Fintech or result in YES Fintech or any person related to YES Fintech being in breach of any law or being liable to anyone else. A person related to YES Fintech includes, but not limited to, any employee, contractor, partner, director of YES Bank, LTP and any other entity associated with conceptualizing and managing the Program.
- YES Fintech reserves the sole right to terminate you from or your placement in the Program at any time, if you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions
(F) Intellectual Property
The Applicant(s) agrees and confirms the following:
- That the Application is original in nature and does not infringe the rights of any person or organisation;
- The Applicant(s) grant us and our affiliates, a world-wide, royalty-free right and license to use and reproduce your start-up’s name and trade marks in advertising and promotional materials which may be produced from time to time, in connection with the Program;
- The Applicant(s) agree to indemnify and hold YES Fintech and our affiliates, employees, officers and directors harmless in respect of any loss, damage, liability, claim or expense arsing out of or in connection with any claim, demand, loss or expenses, including but not limited to any claim, demand or dispute by third parties, in connection with or arising out of your application, trade mark, logo or brand.
The Applicant(s) may not use the YES Fintech, YES BANK, LTP, and associated Program partners’ name(s) or logo(s) in any way, unless:
- You have YESFintech’s written approval prior to the publication or dissemination of any material, which incorporates YESFintech’s name or logo;
- You agree that any consent of the use of YESFintech’s name, brand, logo or trademark does not vest any rights or ownership in you in respect of YESFintech’s name, brand, trademark or logo;
- You shall not register any trademark, company or business name, logo, symbols or designs or other indicia using YESFintech’s name, brand, logo or trademark or any part thereof;
YES Fintech agrees and confirms the following:
- Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as granting or conferring on us any proprietary rights, licences or other rights of the Applicant(s), unless such rights are expressly granted to us under these Terms and Conditions;
(G) Confidential Information
The content of the applications submitted by the Applicant(s) and all information, details, irrespective of the form or kind shall be confidential and restricted in nature. YES Fintech shall not disclose details of your application to any person other than to our associates, group companies, affiliates, subsidiaries (“Affiliates”) and their employees, officers and directors as reasonably necessary for the purpose of evaluating and progressing your application or in connection with the Program or as otherwise required by law or any rules or regulations or order of the Court.
(H) Responsibility & Liability
YES Fintech accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind including any losses, damages, costs or expenses whatsoever or consequential or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the Program to the Applicant(s) in connection with your participation in the Program. No professional relationship of any kind arises from your participation in the Program, unless YES Fintech agrees to provide services to you pursuant to a separate agreement. You agree that we are not in a partnership, joint venture, fiduciary relationship, employment, agency or other relationship with you.
These Terms and Conditions shall automatically expire at the end of the Program, i.e., fifteen (15) weeks from the date of commencement of the Program.
YES Fintech reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate the Program at any time and without any claim, demand, responsibility or liability arising thereof in the event of changes in applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of YES Fintech, that will cause the Program to be illegal, inappropriate or improper.
(J) Governing law & Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of India and all or any questions, disputes or claims in relation to these Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts/tribunals located in Mumbai, India.
YES Fintech reserves the right to amend, change, insert or delete these Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason whatsoever. Any or all such amendments, changes, insertions or deletions to these terms and conditions will be published on the YES Fintech website: www.yesfintech.com
Yes Fintech Autumn Cohort ApplicationTO APPLY VIA F6S CLICK HERE
ORAPPLY THROUGH MEDICI - FINTECH'S GLOBAL MARKET NETWORK